Personal Branding – Real or Fake?
When I first watched Gary Vaynerchuk video on TED, I thought to myself, “hell yea – there’s a guy that keeps it real”.
The 3 above, I’m impressed with – they are clearly marketers, learners, and connectors; but with many people now, I’ve thought to myself, “Seriously? There is no way you really believe and act on that”.
So I’ve started to question whether the ‘personal brand trend’ is people being real or people cashing in on being something they think others WANT them to be; in a sense, people have become actors. Many of these individuals promote themselves, but I want to look at them and ask for the “old fashioned” resume. This is business. I’m glad you can sell yourself; you’re obviously creative, you know about social media, connecting, and can certainly be a good ‘sales person’….but what else have you done? How many billions in revenue have you brought to a company? How many people have you managed? Moreso, does it take a business minded person to excel in the social media world and vice versa – because someone excels in social media, does this mean they’ll excel at business? Or does it just take a lot of hard work? connecting? content development?
My number one question is; how do you know what these people are saying is ‘real’?
- Zeta: Personal finance for couples through a free learning tool via @aditishekar on @ProductHunt producthunt.com/posts/zeta-b33… 1 week ago
- “The #1 mistake companies make is not hiring people with values that are consistent with the founders’ vision.” firstround.com/review/fightin… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Trilogyedu: Thanks @tammergalal. We appreciate everything you do for this company. #startup #skills #highered #happyemployees #culturem… 2 weeks ago
- RT @Trilogyedu: "How do I get there" not "What's my career path?" Advice from @trilogyedu CEO. Thanks for including us @ainecain https://t… 1 month ago
- R-B Happy April Fool's Day,All Made in a Legitimate Factory,Come With New Box And Certificates!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 month ago